Having Problems with Other Animals?

If you are having a problem with vicious or barking dogs in your neighborhood, you may want to download, fill in, and mail a complaint form to Animal Control Officer, 695 Main Street, Suite 2, Lancaster MA 01523.

Here are some tips from MassWildlife about bothersome nondomestic animals:

  • Spring is when most animals and birds have their babies. Please do not interfere with young wildlife. MassWildlife has some advice on what to do if you find a baby bird or animal that seems to have been abandoned.
  • Do you have bats in your belfry? If you have direct contact with a bat or a bat is found in a room with a sleeping person, contact the Board of Health at 978-365-3326 ext 1310.
  • Foxes are cute, but don't get too friendly with them!
  • Did beavers dam up your culvert?
  • Are non-migrating Canada Geese making a mess in your pond or field?
  • Did skunks take up residence under your porch?
  • Maybe a black bear is visiting your bird feeder?
  • Find out how to keep woodchucks and rabbits out of your garden.
  • Don't leave your cats outside if a fisher is in the area or if you hear coyotes howling or yipping at night.