The Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) is a state agency that promotes diversity in the arts, humanities, and sciences, fostering a rich cultural life for all Massachusetts residents. The Council pursues this mission through a wide range of grants and initiatives for local cultural councils.
The Lancaster Cultural Council's purpose is to promote and support local and regional Arts, Humanities, and Interpretive Sciences. The Council gathers input from the community every three years and develops funding priorities based on that feedback. Programs and activities that interest and benefit all ages are considered. Past funding has supported music events, plays, and enrichment programs both in our schools and in the community.
Lancaster Cultural Council Priorities
The Lancaster Cultural Council continues to participate in the Massachusetts Cultural Council Pilot Reimbursement program. Within two weeks of award notification, grant recipients must return a Grant Acceptance Form and W-9 in order to process the award check. Once the project is complete, grantees have two weeks to submit the required Final Report form and required receipts.
Priority is given to:
• Applications from local artists, organizations or groups
• Projects that demonstrate detailed planning including venue confirmation, date(s)
• Projects with complete and detailed budgets
• Projects or events that are free and / or low cost (for attendance or participation)
• Applications that show a match of cash or in kind services
• Proposals that address the diverse cultural needs of our community or support diverse forms of cultural activities
• Collaborative projects between cultural and community groups
• A project that has received funding in the past from Lancaster Cultural Council must be updated or in some way altered such as incorporating new content, or relevant /current technology.
• Only online applications are accepted
The deadline has passed. When applications are being accepted again, we will repost the deadline on this page.
|Kathleen Rocco||Executive Assistant to the Board of Selectmen||(978) 365-3326 ext. 1201|