The mission of the Agricultural Commission is to preserve, revitalize and sustain the Lancaster agricultural industry and to promote agricultural-based economic opportunities.
The Commission shall develop a work plan to guide its activities. Such activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Shall serve as facilitators for encouraging the pursuit of agriculture in Lancaster.
- Shall promote agricultural-based economic opportunities in the Town.
- Shall act as advocates and educators on farming issues.
- Shall work for preservation of prime agricultural lands.
- Shall pursue all initiatives appropriate to creating a sustainable agricultural community.