- Second quarter FY 2019 real estate were mailed September 26, 2018 and are due November 1, 2018. Please contact the collectors office if you have not received a tax bill.
- Please note any outstanding real estate tax for Fiscal Year 2018 will subject to a tax taking in the fall of 2018. Make sure your real estate tax bills are paid in full to avoid a tax lien being placed on your property.
- We are now accepting credit card payments for real estate, motor vehicle excise, and water bills in the office. Please note that the credit card fees are passed onto the bill payer.
- We are offering paperless billing through our online payment service. Taxpayers have the option to "Opt out" of receiving paper bills by registering on mcc. Electronic bills will be sent to the email account you set up. This option helps save on the cost of printing and postage and aids our town with our "Going green" efforts.
- Real Estate Tax bills are mailed to the Owner of Record as of January 1, 2017.
If you purchased property after that date and DO NOT receive a tax bill, please call the Collector's office at 978-365-9293.
Payments can be made online. See below:
Online Bill Pay: Click Here
Town of Lancaster, Collector
701 Main Street, Suite 5
Lancaster, MA 01523
Office Hours: Office hours for walk-in service are Mondays: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p m., Tuesday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. By appointment on Fridays.
Please note that lockbox for overnight payments has MOVED to the Prescott Building, Lower Level. This location is opposite the Community Center front entrance.
You may drop off Real Estate, Water and Excise Bills in the box.
Sewer Usage Bills: Are paid directly to the Lancaster Sewer District. Contact them at 978-365-7016 for more information.